What is Early Help?
The purpose of early help is to prevent issues and problems becoming serious and harmful to the child, young person, family and community. When children and families need this extra support, they often need it quickly. Provision of early help support can be at all stages of a child's life; pre-birth, during pregnancy, childhood or adolescence.
Parent Support Adviser
At Andoversford Primary School we employ a dedicated Parent Support Adviser, Liz Hamilton.
Liz is available to provide support, advice, information to the families within our school community and to co-ordinate Early Help. She can offer support with any worries that you may have in relation to your child's education, behaviour and wellbeing, as well as being a listening ear.
Advice and support is confidential although concerns relating to the safeguarding of children will always be dealt with in accordance with the school's Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy.
What can we do?
Support for pupils includes:
- promoting good attendance and punctuality
- promoting self-esteem and confidence
- promoting positive behaviour and positive attitudes to learning
- providing one-to-one support
Support for families includes:
- providing information and signposting to other services in the local area
- liaising with a range of external services such as housing and Social Care
- assistance in completing paperwork and forms e.g. housing, foodbank vouchers, attendance and support at school and other agency meetings
- advice and support in promoting positive behaviour at home
- guidance with career and personal development and access to training and workshops in school
Contact Liz Hamilton:
Tel: 01242 820407
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org